The sudden loss of a loved one due to suicide or homicide is a delicate situation and must be treated with compassion. A grieving family should take time to reflect and mourn their loss and not have to carry the burden of cleaning up the dangerous scene. Families are urged to seek the help of a professional crime scene cleanup company to prevent further emotional damage.
There are a few diseases carried in human blood, such as Hepatitis, that can live outside the body for days and sometimes weeks. Using a professional company ensures that the area will be thoroughly cleaned and returned to a safe environment.
Arrangements can be made to have emergency counselors, Chaplains and other resources like reputable mortuaries readily available. Steri-Clean is available 24/7 for all immediate biohazard cleaning services.
- Suicide is the 10th leading cause of death in the US.
- Each year 44,965 Americans die from by suicide.
- The highest suicide rate is among adults between 45 and 54 years of age.
- Firearms are the most common method of death by suicide, accounting for a little more than half (51.01%) of all suicide deaths.
- National Suicide Prevention Lifeline: 1-800-273-8255